Today I hit a snag in my Access 2007 database. I was getting an error message which I’d never seen before. I googled a lot and found that no-one seemed to have an answer.
The error message suggested it was a whitespace problem. So I went through my dataset looking for any strange characters or blank rows where it should expect a value. Nothing!
I then came across the solution. My query had an apersand (&) in the title. “Migration Report & Contact Details” is what I had it saved as. I found this totally by chance as I renamed it to “Migration Report including Contact Details” and it suddenly worked!!
Hopefully this will help other people with a similar problem.